Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun!

Thanksgiving was wild and crazy here.  We had 18 people at the house.  Most got here Wednesday and stayed at least 3 nights.  We were crowded!  But it was great fun.  We had a great meal, and with all of us chipping in, it wasn't too much trouble.

We ate vast quantities of food over the weekend.  38 pounds of turkey, 8 pounds of ham, 11 dozen rolls, 7 pies, dozens of cookies, chips, dip, and lots of other stuff!  It was a time of great feasting.

Friday morning my sister and I went shopping early.  We went to a store called Avenue and got $5.00 sweaters. When we got back, my mother-in-law and 2 sisters-in-law liked them so much that we had to go back so they could buy them too!  Then we decided we needed a picture of each of us wearing a different colored sweater:

From left to right:  Robert's sister, Mary; me; Robert's brother's wife, Kathy; my sister, Chris; Robert's mother, Artie.  Don't we look colorful and festive?

All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving.  It was wonderful to be with family - on both sides.  This is rapidly becoming a family tradition, with Robert's brother and his family joining us this year.  I hope it continues for a long time!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that picture! It sounds like your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Now...on to Christmas!

Carol Beck said...

yall all look really cute! i got a couple of the sweaters myself! then i got an email today saying they had them online only for $5 with a $50 purchase so i got 2 more!

Laura said...

Christmas!!! Aahhhhh!! I'm not anywhere near ready for that.

Carol, since my sister and I went twice, we printed out more coupons so we could each get four sweaters! They were just too cute!

Shel said...

I love the picture, too! It's great that you had so much fun! I love having lots of family around, also. It just doesn't happen often enough for me, though :(

kimberly said...

Thanksgiving was CRAZY but fun. Parts of it were funner (yes, I said funner) than others, but that's life.

You girls are so cute in your sweaters!

Leslie said...

Great deal on the sweaters! Glad that you were able to enjoy your family in town!