Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Countdown Post #17

Christmas Countdown Post #17 is "My Literary Wish List". This is a Christmas list made entirely of printed materials. Here's mine:

1.  The Joseph Smith Papers: Journals, Vol. 1: 1832 - 1839.  This looks like a very interesting book, containing the journals of the prophet Joseph Smith.

2.  All of the Collie books written by Albert Terhune, including, but not limited to, Lad: A Dog, Wolf, and Gray Dawn.  I would prefer to have old volumes of these books, not reprints.  I read them when I was young, and have always wanted to own them.

3.  Backroads of the Texas Hill Country: Your Guide to the Most Scenic Adventures by Gary Clark and Kathy Adams Clark.  Shelley and I recently took a photography class.  Our teacher, Kathy Adams Clark, had taken the photographs for this book written by her husband, Gary Clark.  I would love to be able to spend some time reading this book and looking at the amazing photographs.

4.  Any cookbook by Alton Brown.  I love Alton!  If you don't know who he is, you need to check out his show, "Good Eats", on the Food Network.  Alton rocks!

I can't think of any others right now, so these will have to do.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hate Alton Brown.

I really don't know which books I want, I like so many!

Let's just leave it at wanting the newest of any series I'm reading and leather bound classics. Those look good on my shelves, plus I even read them!

Laura said...

Hatred of Alton Brown is not allowed on my blog!

Jennifer said...

It's Alton or me, lady.

kimberly said...

Hey, no. It's not right to hate Alton.

Now, Rachel Ray. I give you leave to heart her with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. Maybe a million suns...

Shel said...

y'all are a riot!!

I don't even know who he is... I've been told I need to watch him. I've had several friends who love him, but I still haven't seen him. I don't watch a whole lot of T.V. and when I do it's when the kids are home and it's on Disney (and I have to admit I like Disney, well the teen shows on there).

I love so many books, too! I tend to collect them. I like books on scrapbooking, card making, self help, classics, I find I read more of the young adult ones with my kids since they tend to be cleaner and just as good... I like Lloyd Alexander, Avi and the Twilight Series (of course I already read these, but I would read again!!). I love the middle ages, something fascinating about that time... "ah, my lady!"

tootles...shel-

Laura said...

Don't make me choose, Jen! Scott loves Alton Brown. He will not eat a banana until it is the exact ripeness that Alton says it should be. Alton's word is gospel in our home. He might make me choose Alton over you!