Saturday, December 27, 2008

Shootin' Fun

Today Robert, Kimberly, and I went to the gun range for some "shootin' fun".  And fun it was!  We had my .22, and Robert's two guns - a 9mm and a .45.  I shot all three, but I much prefer my little .22.  The 9mm is okay, but the kick from the .45 is too much for my wimpy arms!  I about hit myself in the face with the gun the first time I shot it!  Not good!  

I fear, however, that we have created a monster!  This was Kimberly's first time shooting, and she enjoyed it quite a bit. In fact, as we were driving away, she said she was ready to go back again!  

So maybe it was an unusual family activity.  We don't care. We had a lot of fun.  At heart, we are just a bunch of rednecks!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't even know what to say. I'm laughing out loud! I had no idea! You crazy Clutters!

Lori Hurst said...

I'm with Jen on this one - and I knew about the guns. I just can't reconcile in my head the 'Nice Clutter Family' and each of you holding a handgun shooting it.

Liz said...

Oh my gosh! Me and Jared just went shooting at the range for our last date! We love it! Let's do it together sometime!?

Laura said...

That would be great fun! We will have to set something up.

The "non gun shooting folk" just don't know what they are missing!

Shel said...

If we owned guns, we'd so be there with you guys! Big James likes to brag about being an EXPERT in pistol shooting in the Marines.. so look out! Little James would be in Heaven, too! So, when we make that investment... we'll go with ya', too!

Laura said...

Hey, we have three guns and only 2 people (most times). We can share the 3 guns amongst the 4 of us. And one of the ranges we go to lets you use their guns. Sounds like we've got a triple date!

Shel said...

Sweet!!! Sounds like a triple date to me!

kimberly said...

I want a gun. I've decided. I would like to own a gun. How awesome would that be? And I know I have at least one friend who would go with me to the shooting range. (But only when she's in town.)

So, yes. I want a gun!

Shel said...

I don't know...Kimberly's a little excited about wanting a gun??? Ha Ha!!!

I'm just kidding.. go for it!!

Laura said...

Kimberly OWNING a gun?? That's a little scary!!

kimberly said...

Please, it's not like I'd ever even handle it outside the range. I'm too afraid of doing myself grave bodily injury. I kind of dislike pain, you know.