Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Countdown Post #18

Christmas Countdown Post #18 is "Build your own Christmas Special".  I get to put together my very own Christmas special!  The show must include a host; at least one comedy act; and at least one musical act.  I also get to bring back one act containing dead people - but only one. Here's my show:

Host(s):
Donny and Marie.  Wouldn't they be great?  And, as hosts, they would also get to sing.  

Comedy Acts:
Tim Conway and Harvey Korman.  These two cracked me up on "The Carol Burnett Show".  I'm sure they could come up with a great Christmas comedy act.

Musical Acts:
Josh Groban.  Preferably singing "O Holy Night".

John Denver.  He's my one dead guy (duh).  I don't care what Christmas song he sings - I just want to hear him sing again.  I miss John.  Sigh.

Andy Williams.  When I was little, we used to watch the Andy Williams Family Christmas Show every year.  I always loved that show.  I think I would want him to sing "The Christmas Song", or "Winter Wonderland".

Okay, I'm cheating.  I want another dead person!  I would love to hear Karen Carpenter sing again.  I still listen to "The Carpenters:  Christmas Portrait".  It's one of my favorites.

The gang from "The Dick Van Dyke Show".  One time they did a Christmas show, and they sang a song called "I am a Fine Musician".  It was so funny.  Dick Van Dyke (Rob) and Mary Tyler Moore (Laura) could reenact their parts; and I would have Donny and Marie replace Morey Amsterdam (Buddy) and Rose Marie (Sally), who are no longer with us. I would love to see that performed again.  You can view the original here, if you would like.

There's my show.  It's heavy on musical acts, but I'm okay with that.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm down with Donny but Marie gets on my nerves. Are you mormon or aren't you? Stop walking the line!!!

Sarah said...

I was talking to Marie not you. I should have made that more clear.

Alisha said...

Your so offensive Sarah. JK

Marie totally gets on my nerves. My mother L-O-V-E-S (as is IN LOVE) with Donny. She even went to his concert not too long ago.

Laura said...

Thanks for the clarification, Sarah!

Court said...

Laura, you have an absolutely hilarious sense of humor!

PS--I also adore John Denver. That man had a voice just like buttah.