Sunday, December 28, 2008

Another Church Singing Gripe

So, I was disappointed at Church today.  We did not sing one of my favorite songs, one you can only sing once a year.  We did not sing "Ring Out, Wild Bells" (Hymn #215). I absolutely adore that song.  It sounds rather melancholy - which is perfect for a song about the year dying.  We have not sung that song since we moved into this ward, and each year I am bummed by that. Once again, my family will just have to sing it on our own.  Sigh.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love church singing gripes.

Liz said...

I love that song too! When I was a kid I hated it and thought, "Who could like this depressing song?"
Then, as I got older I like it more and more. And now I absolutely love it and always look for it at year's end as well. It's a must sing. Someone needs to let someone know! Let's use our Sweet Mesquite moxy and make it happen!

kimberly said...

We sang it! We sang it!

*does a victory dance*

Sometimes it pays to be in charge of picking the music. It really, really does.

Laura said...

I'm going to have to have "words" with Sister Powell!!