Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Countdown Post #7

Christmas Countdown Post #7 is a food related post.  Here are some holiday food related questions and answers:

1.  What is your favorite winter drink?
That depends.  If I'm at home, making it myself, I would have to say hot chocolate.  Preferably with marshmallows. If I'm out, and someone is providing it, I would have to say hot spiced cider. I love it when I go to stores and they have samples for me.  Makes my shopping day complete!

2.  What is your favorite holiday candy?
Fudge.  Definitely fudge.  And fudge with nuts is even better.  I had some fudge at the ward Christmas party that was heavenly.  I must get that recipe.  **Edit** I realized after reading Kimberly's post, that I totally forgot about Robert's incredible toffee!!  That would totally be tied with fudge for my favorite candy.

3.  How do you feel about green bean casserole?
I have never liked green beans.  I don't care what you drench them with, I'm not going to eat them!

4.  What about sweet potatoes?
I'm a mashed potato kind of gal.

5.  What is your main course on Christmas?
The past few years we have had a Honey Baked ham and also one of their smoked turkeys. Yummy stuff.  

6.  What's your Christmas dessert?
Pecan pie (homemade), pumpkin pie (homemade), French Silk Pie (Sara Lee), and cookies (homemade).

7.  What kind of cookies do you leave for Santa?
My peanut butter cookies with a hershey kiss on top.  I love those cookies.  I used to eat them when I was a kid, and they are still my favorite.  We also leave carrots for the reindeer.

8.  What chocolates won't you eat in the Whitman's sampler?
I don't like the cherry ones, or the strange chewy ones, or the coconut ones, or lots of the other ones.  In fact I'm really not a fan of Whitman's chocolates - I don't like getting assortments.  I have started ordering candy from Fannie May.  They are a candy company located in Illinois, where I grew up.  I used to eat Fannie May candy as a kid.  I will order a box of Pixies (like turtles), a box of vanilla buttercreams, and a box of mint meltaways.  All three are heavenly! That reminds me - I need to place an order soon!

Now I'm hungry, and must go have a snack! 

5 comments:

kimberly said...

Yes, yes! Order the candies! I can practically taste the buttercreams... So good!

It's disturbing to me how similar our posts are. You can totally tell we're related.

Lori Hurst said...

So, like is there a list you are going off of for these day things, or are you just making it up as you go? Just curious.

jamie said...

it was fun reading your countdowns. gets me thinking about my own Christmas traditions.

Laura said...

Lori - Kimberly and her friend, Michelle, are doing this Christmas Countdown. Michelle does the original post, so in essence, she is determining what we post about. I am just following her lead.

Jamie!! You're alive! We were just talking about you after Choir today, wondering how you were doing.

Jennifer said...

Ok, this post is for the Christmas songs list:

I am adding Faith Hill singing "A Baby Changes Everything." Never heard it before today, and I cried through it. I'm sappy, but I'm including a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8illRJRmN8