Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Colosseum

Last night, the boys and I played one of our Christmas games - "Colosseum".  The idea of the game is to build your arena and produce events for your arena.  There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the general idea in a nutshell. Anyway, I won the game last night!  Woo hoo for me! But, that will probably be the only time I win that game.  Why? Because it's a strategy game. Since it was our first time playing, there was more learning of the rules than strategizing going on.  So I got lucky.  But, now that the boys know the rules, they will start that whole planning way far ahead thing, which I stink at (and which is why I don't play "Risk"), and I will never win again.  

I may solve that by just never playing the game again!

7 comments:

Liz said...

That is exactly what happened to me! The first time I played Ticket to Ride, no one knew what they were doing yet so I won by sheer luck. Now, I don't want to play again b/c I have no strategizing skills!

Laura said...

I love "Ticket to Ride"! To me that is not the same sort of strategizing. We have so many versions of that game, we could open a "Ticket to Ride" store!

Jennifer said...

I always win the first time and never again. We should start a band.

Liz said...

Our band's first single could be,"She's got a ticket to win!--but only one time!"

kimberly said...

Mom, you have to watch this! It's the most adorable thing ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUtPKbMwnRo

Actually, anyone reading the comments should watch. Puppies! Decorating a tree!

Carol Beck said...

or it could be shes got a ticket to ride but only once!
did you get the evite to the new years eve party, laura?

Shel said...

Sounds like a fun game! That's sweet that you won! My family usually find it fun to get me out first, so if I could win, that would be quite exciting! I'll have to look into that game, strategy games are usually a hit over here! we played Ticket to Ride at Ben and Amy's the other night and on Christmas day... Amy got it for Christmas... of course she kicked everyone's butt both times!!!

Shel-