Monday, December 8, 2008

My Reindeer

For years I had wanted a set of wooden reindeer for my front yard.  For years I couldn't afford them.  Then when I could sort of afford them, no one was selling them on the side of the road anymore. Two years ago, I said to myself, "I wonder if anyone is selling some on ebay?"  I looked, and sure enough, there was a set for sale!  I deliberated with myself for a little while - they were still fairly expensive. Then I just decided to go for it!  There were the deer I had wanted for at least 10 years!  I knew if I passed them up, I would regret it.  So I ordered them, and here now is a picture of them in my front yard:
 
Aren't they beautiful?  They could use bows, but I am terrible at tying bows.  If there is someone out there who ties bows well, I would be happy to provide the ribbon for you.  But even without bows, they make me happy every time I see them in my yard.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those are beautiful. I like the nativities that are like that, too.

Liz said...

My mom ties really good bows! Could I praise her any more? Seriously!

kimberly said...

I completely forgot about the reindeer.

Where there always 2 babies? I thought there was only one.

They are so pretty! A cute little family in the front yard!

Lori Hurst said...

Those are wonderful! I suck at tying bows but have some large store bought gold bows that I am not using if you want them!