Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Countdown Post #13

Okay, I know I missed Christmas Countdown Posts #11 and 12.  #11 was about decorating - how would I decorate my house for Christmas if I had no limitations.  I didn't do that one because I really wouldn't do things a whole lot differently than I do now.  I'd just do more of the same - more Santas, more nativities, more lights outside.  The same, but on a bigger scale.  And Michelle did not do a Christmas Countdown Post #12.  She was too busy going to an AC/DC concert, which she clearly felt was more important than posting.  Some people!  Sheesh!

So here is Christmas Countdown Post #13.  A "This or That" meme:

Christmas Food:

Hot chocolate or hot cider:  Hot chocolate.  Unless I'm shopping and a store has hot apple cider samples.  

Ham or turkey:  Turkey.  We usually get a smoked turkey and a ham, both from Honey Baked Ham, but I like the turkey best.

Candy canes or peppermints:  I don't usually eat either of those, but if I had to pick, I would say peppermints.

Pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie:  Neither.

Red or green sprinkles:  I can't taste the difference, so I say use them both!

Christmas Tree:

Real or fake:  Fake.  Robert is always pestering me to get a real tree, but we have a nice fake one, and it's so easy to care for!

Angel or star on top:  Star.  I actually have a Santa on the top of my tree, but if I had to choose between an angel or star, I would choose a star.  

Themed or not:  Never themed!  I would not be able to use most of my ornaments.

Garland or tinsel:  Definitely garland.  When we first got married, we used both, because our parents had used both. But after a few years, we dropped the tinsel.  Now I don't like tinsel at all.

Solid or blinking lights:  Solid.  I am not a fan of blinking lights at all.

Presents:

Wrapping paper or bags:  At Christmas I use wrapping paper.  

Stockings or presents first:  We always open the stockings first.

All at once or in turn:  We usually try to make sure everyone has a present and then they are opened at the same time.  We are not a patient enough bunch to take turns!

Christmas Eve or morning:  Christmas morning.  The kids open 1 or 2 family gifts on Christmas Eve - always games - but the rest have to wait until the morning.  Santa has to bring them, you know!

Get up early or sleep in:  We (really I) make the kids wait until 7:00.  These kids who can sleep until 11:00 any other day, always manage to wake up by 7:00!

There, now I'm all caught up (so get off my case, Liz)!

2 comments:

Lori Hurst said...

Glad to see your lists are back!

Anonymous said...

It was more important! It was AWESOME! (I'm just sayin...)

~Michelle