Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Countdown Post #2

Christmas Countdown Post #2 is "The Completely Useless Christmas List".

Useless because they are things you
1.  Do not really need.
2.  Cannot really afford.
3.  Don't expect to get.
4.  Would still like to have anyway.

Here is my list:

1.  A new kitchen.  I would love to rip out my cabinets, countertops, floors, and appliances.  I would love to have dark wood cabinets, granite or Silestone countertops, new ceramic floors, stainless steel appliances, and a sparkling new paint job.  What a wondrous present that would be!

2.  The following TV series (complete or as many seasons as available):  Criminal Minds, Numbers, Life, Burn Notice, Seinfeld, Gilmore Girls, Andy Griffith, and Starsky and Hutch. That should give me enough to watch for a few hundred hours!

3.  A new Fossil purse or bag once a month for a year.  I love Fossil!  And, while they are cheaper than Coach, they are still too expensive for me to buy one a month.

4.  An Apple MacBook Pro.  The big 17-inch one.  I have an iMac, but it would be nice to have a laptop too.
 
5.  A new cell phone and one year pre-paid service (phone, internet, e-mail, the whole works).  I would like a Blackberry or iPhone - I'm not sure which.    

There's my list.  I would love to have all of these things, but I don't need any of them.  Unless Kimberly decides to be very generous towards her dear mother!

6 comments:

kimberly said...

HA! The only thing I could possibly give you would be a season or two of one of the shows you listed.

The rest, well, you better talk to Dad about those!

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Michelle.

Good to see the Christmas posts are being passed along the internet!

I would love a MacBook Pro, and an iphone (as long as the service was paid for), and many many tv series on DVD. I already have Life though. I just got those DVDs and I've nearly worn them out already.

Carol Beck said...

i agree with you about the fossil bags! i just found out about them! im getting one for christmas! i am a purse and shoe fanatic. im trying to cutback and not get so many and just get one really good bag and carry it for a long time.

Shel said...

I like your list!!! You go!! I love Fossil! The problem is they do last a pretty long time, so James would never go for one a month, but that's not the point is it??? It's just because we want it, right! James does love his "crackberry" oops, I mean Blackberry, Ha! I am now wanting a New New New updated SLR Canon Camera, HMMMMMM I wonder why????

Shel-

Leslie said...

great list. no time to create one of my own! I have a list of lists that I need to create! Love the new kitchen idea though. I would settle for new flooring! I hate my white tile!!

Liz said...

I, too, love this list. I have no idea about any of the electronic mumbo jumbo you and others are mentioning. #1 on my list would just be to be able to FIND my cell phone once a month, and have it charge itself automatically. I need help!