Friday, December 19, 2008

Facebook

So I joined Facebook.  Let me explain why.  Kimberly has let me look on Facebook using her password.  I was searching for old friends, and discovered a couple of people I had lost contact with.  One, in particular, I have been thinking about lately.  So I created a Facebook account and "friended" three people.  I have already heard from one of them!  Less than an hour after I friended her!  I haven't heard from this person since 1979, and now we are reconnected! She is married with 2 kids - ages 9 and 2!  She is my age and has a 2-year-old!  I feel way too old to have a 2-year-old.  I'm glad my youngest is 15.  

I hope I hear from the other two.  It would be nice to reconnect with them.  I don't know how long I'll stay on Facebook - maybe just long enough to get their addresses and e-mails.  That's what I really want.   

**Edit** I just found a friend from childhood!  We lived across the street from each other in Illinois.  She now lives in Katy!  What a small world!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those are the exact reasons I DON'T facebook. I do not want people from my past popping up.

Carol Beck said...

so youve joined facebook? i joined a while back. its fun and now another one of my obsessions. ill have to ask you to be my friend. at first i thought i was too old but then i found out a friend of mine from high school that is the same age joined so i thought if shes not too old then neither am i!!! a lot of my friends are friends of my kids or kids of my friends (did you catch that) but im finding more and more people my age or older! you should stay on. youll like it!

Carol Beck said...

so youve joined facebook? i joined a while back. its fun and now another one of my obsessions. ill have to ask you to be my friend. at first i thought i was too old but then i found out a friend of mine from high school that is the same age joined so i thought if shes not too old then neither am i!!! a lot of my friends are friends of my kids or kids of my friends (did you catch that) but im finding more and more people my age or older! you should stay on. youll like it!

Lori Hurst said...

Hey, I had a friend from Norway invite me to be her friend a couple of months ago. I have also hooked up with some old friends, and some not so old (Amy Nelson). I will ask you both to be my friend!

Alisha said...

Facebook is too overwhelming for me. I can only handle one form of blogging.