Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Musings

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  We had a wonderful day - made most wonderful because we got to talk to Brian in the Dominican Republic!  The phone connection was bad, but it didn't matter.  For two wonderful hours we got to talk to him!  This was our 3rd of 4 phone calls - only Mother's Day left.  Then he comes home 3-1/2 months after that!  He's enjoying his mission and is growing so much.  I'm so proud of him for choosing to serve.

Now, on to presents.  My kids were all pleased with the presents they got.  That makes me happier than any present I could ever get.  I love it when I make my kids happy!  

Robert has always been of the opinion that anything you want can be bought at Walgreens. With that in mind, I sent Jeffrey and Scott to Walgreens on the 24th, with instructions to buy some fun presents for the family.  Jeffrey balked at first, but when they got back they were both excited over the fun stuff they had picked out.  Those presents, plus the ones that Kimberly had bought at Walgreens, were so much fun!  A cap gun!  A Chia Pet!  A K'nex dinosaur!  A toy cell phone (that talks)!  Charleston Chews!  A fake Magnadoodle! A $10.00 digital camera on a key chain!  These were all part of the bounty that was discovered at Walgreens!  I think we have discovered a new tradition for the kids.  Hey, and next year the Walgreens will be right across the street!

My sister's family came down in the evening (they had to wait to talk to their missionary in Brazil).  We ate ham and smoked turkey, along with other assorted things.  Yummy! Then the rest of the evening we munched on fudge, Robert's delectable English toffee, Chex mix, cookies, and other junk! Double yummy!

All in all, it was a great day.  I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas too!  

2 comments:

Shel said...

I love the Walgreens tradition, too fun!!!

We had a great Christmas! Our family came up from Lake Jackson both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day... woo hoo.. and we ate ate ate ourselves silly.. that's what it's all about, baby!

The kids got a Wii and Rock band (and we got the Wii fit and boy do we need it after all that eatin'), so it's "party at the Simiskey's"... the kids have been rockin' away non-stop, so it was a hit. I'm like you, Laura, I'm happy when I make my kids happy.. so it was a good Christmas, plus they are enjoying playing together, which puts a big ole' smile on my face!

It's been nice to just be together and enjoy family. Ben, Amy and the boys along with our fam. from L.J. were all partying on.. playing games, doing a puzzle and laughing like crazy... we are truly blessed. The only thing that could've made it better was adding FRIENDS!

Liz said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas!
I have recently discovered the bounteous treasure trove that is Walgreens! I always make a stop there before Christmas and Easter.