Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Countdown Post #22

Christmas Countdown Post #22 is "My DVD Wish List".  All of the DVD's I would like to own! Sounds like fun, so here goes:

1.  Criminal Minds, Seasons 1 through whatever is the latest one out.  I think I have mentioned before that I love this show.  It is my very favorite on TV.  Although rather gory at times, and sometimes downright creepy, it's a great show.  I love the team - Hotch, Morgan (in his tight t-shirts), Reid, JJ, Garcia, Rossi and Prentiss (actually I just tolerate the last two).  Having all of the available seasons at my fingertips - that would make me happy.

2.  August Rush.  I love this movie.  Such a beautiful story, and the little boy is so cute!  This is one of those movies that I always think I own.  I will see it at the store for $10.00, but I'm sure I already own it, so I don't buy it!  I need to put a giant note in my purse - "You do not own August Rush"!

3.  Snow White.  This one is impossible for me to own since it's not even available on DVD right now.  Disney!  It's time to take it out of the vault!  This is one of the only Disney classics I don't own.  

4.  Lilies of the Field.  Sidney Poitier won an Oscar for his role in this movie.  He plays an unemployed construction worker who somehow ends up in the desert building a church for a group of nuns escaped from behind the Berlin Wall.  I haven't seen it in years, but I remember watching it with my family when I was young.

5.  Numbers, Seasons 1 through whatever is the latest one out.  Close behind "Criminal Minds" as one of my favorites. I would love to own this series.

6.  Lad: A Dog.  Just as I would like to own the books by Albert Payson Terhune, I would love to own this 1962 movie. The problem?  It's never been released on DVD.  Why do they do this to me??  I own a subpar, recorded from TV, VHS copy, but I want it on DVD!

7.  Dr. Who, the Fourth Doctor series.  Robert started me watching "Doctor Who" back when we were dating.  Tom Baker was the Doctor back then.  I have always considered him "My Doctor".  I have seen some other doctors since then, but no one compares.  It would be fun to watch him again - in all of his cheesiness.

I can't think of any more right now, so this list will have to do.  What DVD's would be on your Christmas Wish List?  

6 comments:

Lori Hurst said...

Merry Christmas Laura - I have all the Criminal Mind seasons available on DVD and you are welcome to borrow them. (Amy Nelson mailed them back to me a few months ago, so they are just sitting there ... lonely).

Lori Hurst said...

Ooops! Should have kept reading - have Numbers seasons also (have I mentioned that I really, really hate live TV?). You are welcome to those also.

Laura said...

Ooh, Lori, I may just have to take you up on that sometime!

Lori Hurst said...

Any time. I have "Lost" season 4 being delivered even as we 'blog' via my good friend Mr. Amazon. It will keep me busy for a while - so I won't be looking to watch 'reruns'.

Anonymous said...

Four is the best doctor EVER!!!

I own a few of his on DVD and have almost all of them on my computer (shhh).

If I come stay at your house again I'll bring the DVDs and we can have a Doctor Who marathon!

(Also if you have netflix and can watch the instant viewing they have most of these available there also)

~Michelle

Laura said...

A Dr. Who (#4) marathon sounds great! I have a hard time just sitting and watching shows on my computer. Maybe because it's not a laptop, so I'm stuck in my computer chair. Not comfy for prolonged viewing.