Thursday, February 26, 2009

Travis High School Percussion Bash

If you are looking for something to do Friday night, come to the Second Annual Travis High School Percussion Bash!  The Percussion Ensemble has been working on this for months. It will feature their Winter Drumline show, which they will compete with beginning on Saturday.  Jeffrey and Scott are both in the show.  Jeffrey will be playing some mallet instrument.  (I don't know which one.  He may even be playing more than one during the course of the show.) Scott will be playing the synthesizer.  (Don't ask me how a French horn player with two years of piano lessons ended up playing the synthesizer.  I don't know.)

I am not usually one to try to persuade people to go to normal band concerts.  Heck, I have kids in band, and I think the concerts are boring.  But the Percussion Bash is different.  It's really entertaining (at least last year's was). Even Robert, who hates most anything to do with band, liked the Percussion Bash.  Now that's saying something!

So, if you're bored Friday night and looking for a cheap date (it's either free or a small donation), come to the Percussion Bash!  Join the Clutters clapping and cheering for Jeffrey and Scott!

P.S.  Jeffrey is lots of fun to watch play.  He was very subdued when he played in church (as is appropriate), but that's not usually the case.  He really plays with a lot of flair.  He's well worth watching all by himself.

**Edit**
We just got back from the show, and it was awesome!  Very high energy and lots of fun to watch.  I love percussion!!

5 comments:

kimberly said...

Even I'll be there! I'm working the early early shift just for that. That's saying a lot. You all know how much I value my sleep.

Shel said...

We'll be there.. James is on the floor crew and says it's a great show! I love to go to the band performances, so I know it'll be GREAT! And, Jeffrey does Rock it!!

Rhonda said...

I'd come if I could!

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

How was the show?