Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Girls Night Out!

I loved Liz' post about Girls' Night Out.  I felt a challenge from Lori when she mentioned me putting it in song, so I wrote a little ditty to be sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song (I know you all know that).  Enjoy!

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fun night out.
When chicks all come from far and wide
For fun, without a doubt.  

The place may change from month to month,
But one thing is for sure
If you're down or feeling blue
Girls' Night is the cure.  

We'll meet this coming Thursday,
Seven is the time.
So leave your kids with dad and come
to Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

The place will fill with lots of laughs
And stories will be told
By Jennifer and Shelley too,
Courtney, Lori, and Laura,
Sarah, Liz, and the rest,
There eating burgers and fries!

See you Thursday!  I still think we should carpool.  Anyone want to meet at the Stake Center and ride over together?

 

12 comments:

Lori Hurst said...

I AM IMPRESSED! Alas it is a crime ... but I do not know how to rhyme!

Shel said...

Tee hee!!!! I love it! But, I am going to sleep with that tune stuck in my head now, ha ha ha, too funny!!! You're fantabuloso, girlfriend!!! and, oh yeah, stories will be told!

Shel said...

oops, I forgot to say that I'm in on the carpool.

Lori Hurst said...

I think I out as far as car pooling goes - I need to run some errands before or after.

Alisha said...

I'm in the for the carpool!

Carol Beck said...

ok, ok ya'll have convinced me! i'll be there!!!!!! by the way, the song was awesome!

Carol Beck said...

can i get in the carpool? i can meet ya'll at some mid point 'cause i know ya'll don't want to come all the way out to my house!

Alisha said...

Sounds like many are in for the carpool. What time? 6:40?

Sarah said...

That was AWESOME!!! You are now the President of Girls Night Out.

Court said...

Laura, I'm very impressed with how you have so smoothly transitioned your oboe/english horn talent into lyrical skills. It's like you need to start your own School of Rock!

Laura said...

Carol, as much as we would love to have you carpool with us, I think you could make it to Five Guys Burgers and Fries before you could meet us halfway! I'm not even sure where we would meet you!

So far our carpool meeting at the Stake Center at 6:40 is definitely me, Shelley, and Alisha. Anyone else interested?

Alisha said...

I think Liz said she'd meet us, although I think it's back-tracking for her. Amy Simiskey might be coming tomorrow, she said, so she might be in on the carpool too. Laura-- I know it's kinda silly to carpool to a carpool but would you mind swinging by & picking me up? I'll see if Amy wants a ride too. Let me know. My email is saoldroyd@gmail.com