Friday, February 6, 2009

Sad Post

I'm sad for my sister, Chris, and her family.  They had to put their sweet dog, Lady, to sleep.  Lady was a stray my sister found in December of 2000.  She was a wonderful dog - well behaved and very sweet.  She had been having many health problems recently, and it finally reached the point where it was time to say good bye and let her go.  It's such a hard thing to do, but aren't we lucky we can relieve the pain and suffering that our pets don't understand.
I can't imagine my life without a cat or dog.  They bring such joy to us.  Unfortunately, we always have to say good bye to them sooner than we want to.

Good bye, Lady.  You were a wonderful dog, and we will miss you.

**Update**
My sister e-mailed a picture of Lady so I could put it on my blog:
Wasn't she pretty?

3 comments:

Alisha said...

That IS a sad post. I am a dog lover. I don't even want to think of what will happen when it's time to put one of my dogs down. Luckily Chihuahuas live like 20 years (no I did not tell Sam that before we got Roxy! muuuhahahaha)

Leslie said...

I am sorry to hear this. The passing of animals is ALWAYS tough. We love em like family and we miss them like a lost best friend!

Court said...

Very sad indeed. Pets bring so much companionship, love, and loyalty into our lives. I already bane the day when we will face that kind of decision for one of our dogs. Best wishes to your sister.