Friday, February 6, 2009

Curb Numbers

When I was delivering my portion of Jeffrey's fundraiser desserts, I found myself out after dark, trying to read impossibly hard to see house numbers.  I was always grateful to see curb numbers.  They would give me a general idea of where I was, so I could find the house I was looking for.  I decided that we needed our house numbers painted on our curb.  So, a few days later, when a slip appeared on our door advertising curb painting in our neighborhood the next day, it seemed like fate!  I filled out the form and left it, along with payment, attached to our door.  We were gone when they came and painted, and this is what we saw when we got home:  


Looks nice, right?  We even paid the extra $5.00 for the A&M logo (Gig 'em, Aggies).  So I should be thrilled, right? Well, I would be, if our address were 21410. Unfortunately, our address is 1410 - without the "2" in front.  I should call and tell them to come fix my number, but did I write down the name and phone number of the people who did the painting?  Nope.  That would have been sensible.  

So, we are going to have to paint out the "2" ourselves. Which won't be hard, but requires motivation.  So, lets take a poll.  How long do you think the Clutters will live with the extra "2" in front of their address?  Keep in mind, it has been almost 2 weeks already.   

8 comments:

Megan and Travis said...

I think y'all should also paint out the maroon letters as well. Just paint out the whole left side on the curb!

Hippo said...

As a man who has painted well over 200 curbs in his life, i bet it takes you 6 months.

Laura said...

Very funny, Megan!! You teasipper, you!

Jon, 6 months is probably a good guess.

Jennifer said...

Hmmmm - Clutters sound a lot like Ruggles, and I'm sure that ours wouldn't be painted out before school starts again. That's 7 months. If I were REALLY honest, I'd probably say we wouldn't do it until the holidays so we could get package deliveries ;)

Alisha said...

LOL that is hilarious

Lori Hurst said...

I'd just send a change of address to everyone you care about (and the church, of course).

Anonymous said...

I'm way too lazy. I probably would take near 6 months. Actually I'd probably just go out there with a black sharpie and make an X over the 2. Bc painting? That's a lot of work.

~Michelle

Laura said...

I've thought about just getting a piece of white paper and taping it over the 2, but I'm not sure how long that would last!