Friday, January 30, 2009

Michelle's Tag

A random tag, stolen from Kimberly's friend, Michelle:

1. What’s your favorite children’s book?
When I was young:  "Go, Dog, Go".  Especially when read to me by my Dad.
When my boys were young:  "How Many Trucks can a Tow Truck Tow".  That one was great fun to read aloud.

2. What’s your favorite type of cake?
White cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.  But if you are talking cupcakes, then it's Swiss chocolate (kind of milk chocolatey) with white buttercream frosting.  Now I want cake!

3. What are your 3 best qualities?
I hate questions like that, so I'm not going to answer.

4. Do you think you're a kind person?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

5. What color is your toothbrush?
My SoniCare electric toothbrush is white with a mint green on/off button.  Man, I love that toothbrush!  Even though I sometimes cheat and don't brush the whole two minutes. I'm a slacker that way!

6. Who was your first TV crush?
Randolph Mantooth, who played paramedic Johnny Gage on the 1970's show "Emergency!".  I used to buy Tiger Beat just for him.  Many of you probably weren't even alive when I was watching that show as a teenager.  Man, I'm old!!   

7. If you had to choose one celebrity couple to hang out with for the holidays, who would it be?
Either Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker (I really like both of them), or Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos (I think she's funny, and he's really attractive).

8. What's your all-time favorite, most-repeated movie quote?
"Don't push me!", uttered by Tony during the momentous fight scene in "West Side Story".

9. What was your least favorite class in school?
Physics.  For two reasons.  First, I hated Physics.  Second, the teacher had terrible BO, and he would wander around the class helping us individually.  Shudder.

10. What was the last thing that made you laugh uproariously?
It was something I saw on the internet.  Robert, Jeffrey, Scott, and I were all laughing at it.  Too bad I can't remember what it was!  

11. If you had to choose between a million bucks or the ability to fly, which one would you choose?
A million bucks, definitely.  Then I could buy a private jet and fly whenever I wanted to.

12. Where were you when 9-11 happened?
Teaching my first Adult ESL class.  No one even told us what happened.  I didn't find out until I was driving home at about noon and heard it on the radio.  Since I started listening a number of hours after it happened, it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

13. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Get very angry and want to curse.  But I don't.

14. Can you change the oil in a car?
Not in a million years.

15. Do you like to cook?
Nope.  I hate, hate, hate to cook.  I do like to bake. Unfortunately, kids can't live on a steady diet of cookies!

16. Would you rather wake up after surgery and find that they’ve accidentally given you Barbra Streisand’s nose or Dolly Parton’s breasts?
I can't stand Barbra Streisand and her liberal propagandizing, so I would not want to look in the mirror every day and see her nose.  So I guess I would choose Dolly's "assets".

19. What are you wearing?
Pajamas.

20. What kind of bear is the best?
I would say a Panda bear, but they are not actually members of the bear family, but are in fact members of the raccoon family.  (Bet you didn't know that, did you?)  But they look like bears, so I'm going to say Panda anyway!

21. What’s the last book you finished?
I wish I could say "Crime and Punishment", or "War and Peace" or something substantial like that, but, sadly, the last book I finished was a murder mystery called "Dying for Chocolate".  I thoroughly enjoyed it!

22. What fictional character is most like you?
I have no idea.

23. Do you like to dance?
Not especially.

24. What did you have for dinner LAST NIGHT?
Sonic's Chicken Strip Dinner.  But I didn't eat the toast or gravy, so it was a healthy meal!

25. What’s your favorite painting?
I really like Thomas Kinkade's lighthouse paintings.  I know many people think he's too commercial.  I don't care - I like his work!

26. If you could have any hair in the world, what kind would you want?
Something I could wash and let air dry and have it look great.

If you would like to complete this tag, feel free!

2 comments:

kimberly said...

Don't push me!

HAHAHA YES! I love that line.

I might have to do this meme later today. I thought about doing it last night, but was too lazy.

Shel said...

Believe it or not, I watched and loved "Emergency"... that show rocked!!! and I also bought and lined my bedroom walls with Tiger Beat magazine pictures. Ah, fun times!