Monday, January 26, 2009

The Dent

On Friday when Jeffrey went out to the school parking lot after school, he discovered a dent in his car's trunk.  A dent which wasn't there when he went into the school that morning.  Which means that someone probably backed into Jeffrey's car, then just drove off.  That is so annoying!  Sure Jeffrey's car is old, but that doesn't mean we want a dent in it.  

It makes me wonder how many people out there would put a dent in a car, and if there was no one around, would just drive off.  Is our society becoming full of people who will get away with whatever they can?  I would like to hope not, but I find myself becoming more cynical about people's honesty. 

3 comments:

Lori Hurst said...

That is so annoying! I was driving around 'dead mans curve' (the blind curve between Waterside and The Grove) and some guy was over in my lane. I swerved as far as I could, but he took out my left side mirror. I pulled over and waited, and waited and waited. Got out picked up the pieces and got so mad I wanted to kick puppies! What is wrong with people?

Shel said...

I agree! I don't know what is going on in people's heads nowadays, it's ridiculous! Someone banged their door into Em's car in the school parking lot the other day and it dinged her door and left red paint behind and she said the guy looked over at her and kinda shrugged and drove off... Yep, the lug was right there in front of her and still drove away.. probably because he thought her car was a piece of hud, but like you said Laura, we still don't want it dinged and dented all up. What happened to a sense of responsibility or even feeling bad for what you did.. Hello? Like the goof that tore off Lori's mirror, sheesh! I accidentally took someone's mirror off like that one time (it was a parked car at a school) and I felt horrible. I went inside until we figured out who the car belonged to and worked it all out.

Sorry, Laura, hit a nerve :)

People need to wake up and pull their heads out! (Hope that's not too harsh...)

Sarah said...

I agree but I think you are probably dealing with a high school student and nobody ever claimed that high schoolers were responsible. When I was in high school I took off a person's mirror at the mall parking lot and just drove away. I would never do that now of course but back then I was not going to risk getting in trouble from my parents or having to spend my money on something like that.