Sunday, January 4, 2009

Genetics

Scott is doing a project on genetics for Biology.  (Don't even ask why we have been working on this the last 2 days of Christmas vacation....)  Anyway, we have been calling family members to ask the following questions:

1.  Are your ear lobes attached?  No, for me.

2.  Do you have hairy fingers or toes?  No, for me (I must confess to being relieved about that).

3.  Can you roll your tongue?  Yes, for me.

4.  Do you have hitchhiker's thumb?  Meaning if you hold your thumb out, does the top joint bend back.  No, for me.

Apparently these are all genetic traits.  Once Scott has filled out four separate pedigree charts (one for each trait), he has to come to some sort of genetic conclusions.  Aahh, the joys of high school Biology.

What about you?  How would you answer those four question?

6 comments:

kimberly said...

The genetics section was the only part of Biology I actually liked. I rocked at that stuff.

Randi said...

I just wanted to say that I LOVE that you come and visit my little blog!! You can visit anytime, but only if I can do the same! :)

Liz said...

Yes, for me, on everything, except the hairy fingers and toes. Except I saw Sarah shave her toes in high school and true to form I thought I needed to do it too. So now, I'm stuck doing that for life! But I don't think the whisker-y toes I created when I shaved my peach fuzz one too many times counts as genetically hairy toes? Does it? Please? Help me out here!

Shel said...

Seeing that James and Scott are in the same Biology class we were up doing the same project... fun stuff, eh? My lobes are not attached, I don't have hitchhikers thumb, I can roll my tongue and I have hair on my toes and fingers, but thank goodness it's not much and it's blonde so it's not too noticable (and I shave my toes, too!)... Poor James finished this and then got a horrible headache and is now home on the first day back to school with a 102.7 fever and heading to the doctor! Life stinks sometimes!

p.s... I don't know Liz.. I think that may count as genetically hairy toes!?!?

Laura said...

Peach fuzz is still hair. So I would say yes to you, Liz, for genetically hairy toes.

I now know 4 people who shave their toes. That is very odd, I think!

Jennifer said...

I'm that same as you Laura. Tell him to pedigree that!