Friday, January 16, 2009

Carol's Tag!

Carol tagged me, so here goes:

5 things in your purse:
1. Coupon organizer (thrifty, thrifty).
2. Small, cute, blue pocketknife (the only kind I would ever have).
3. 2009 calendar.
4. Pretty silver pill holder (filled with Motrin - you know who to come to if you get a headache at church). 
5. Fabric swatch for my dining room chairs (I'm still looking for the perfect tablecloth).

5 things in your workroom (which I don't have, so I am substituting "computer desk area"):
1. My iPod shuffle.
2. Kimberly's talking Napoleon Dynamite figure (he says random phrases when you press a button - "But my lips hurt real bad", "I caught you a delicious bass",  "Can you bring me my chapstick").
3. My HP calculator.  HP calculators work differently than other calculators, so my kids won't use it.
4. My K'nex dinosaur (one of my Walgreens Christmas presents).
5. 3M Dust Remover.  I should probably use that every once in a while....

5 things you always wanted to do:
1. Go to the British Isles - Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales - the whole place.  Robert and I have talked about taking a cruise that circles that area.  Maybe some day....
2. Get a college degree in something other than Accounting. I hate Accounting, and it's been so long since I've worked that I don't think I could do it if I had to.
3. Go whale watching.
4. Play the piano (stolen from Carol, but I like it).
5. Learn to square dance.  I know the basic moves, but it would be fun to know how to do it well.  I would need to lose weight first, since I'd probably have a heart attack.  

5 things you are into:
1. Blogging.
2. Reading.
3. Watching my favorite shows - Criminal Minds, Burn Notice, and Numbers.
4. Procrastinating church or other volunteer assignments.  I get things done, but at the last minute.
5. Sudoku (until I finish the Sudoku book I got for Christmas).   

5 bloggers you want to tag:
1. Kimberly (I know Lori tagged her, but she's my daughter so I'm tagging her too).
2. Michelle (Kimberly, would you let her know).
3. Rhonda.
4. Randi.
5. Everyone I know with a blog has been tagged.

Thanks, Carol - that was fun!  We need a tag once a week. 

9 comments:

Lori Hurst said...

Yes!! Hear Hear for Reverse Polish Notation Calculators. My HP Reverse Polish is in my desk and no one steals it! (Gary borrows it because his is at work, but gives it back)

Liz said...

I love learning new stuff about you! You are truly one of the most interesting people! I wish I had some of those helpful things in my purse instead of just trash. I happen to know that bonne and paul norman take quare dancing lessons! They invited us once but Jared was a "Hell no!" on that one.

Jennifer said...

If square dancing were in fashion, it would solve so many problems! Dirty dancing, too shy to dance, dancing too close to your partner, dancing in the dark, not socializing during dances, not enough corn-pone in our daily diets ;)

Laura said...

Lori, I never knew they were called Reverse Polish Notation Calculators. Where did that name come from? Robert always says that at work you can tell when someone graduated by the type of calculator they use.

Lori Hurst said...

You can Wikipedia it. It was invented by a Polish mathematician. It refers to the stacking method: enter 3 then 4 then + to do 3+4, enter 3 then 4 then 5 then * then - means 3 - (4*5). You can stack as deep as your memory can handle - mine is not much. Way back when I went to college they were only called that in all my math and electrical engineering classes.

kimberly said...

The HP calculator is the most confusing calculator EVER INVENTED. Give me a TI-eighty something any day of the week, please!

Lori Hurst said...

I SWEAR it is easier, you just need to know how to use it, and that is kept a national secret by all the people who went to college way way back when.

Laura said...

I'm glad to finally know the real name of my calculator! And once you know how to use it, it really is easier.

kimberly said...

It's really not easier. I'd rather see the entire string of numbers I typed on the screen at once.