Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jimmy Cagney

I love Jimmy Cagney as George M. Cohan in the movie "Yankee Doodle Dandy". I never knew that he reprised the role in the movie "The Seven Little Foys", starring Bob Hope.  In this clip he does his famous Cohan dancing, and Bob Hope stars as Eddie Foy.  They are both really good - especially when you realize they were both in their 50's. Enjoy:


As an added bonus, here's a clip from "Yankee Doodle Dandy".  It's the scene where Jimmy Cagney tap dances down the stairs.  It's incredible, and amazes me every time I watch it!  If you don't want to watch the whole clip, the staircase part starts at about 2:15.



Jimmy Cagney is awesome!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

There was a time during my teenage years when I was obsessed with James Cagney. I totally know what you are talking about. He is awesome.

kimberly said...

Awww! Now I want to watch Yankee Doodle Dandy!

So I love the bit that Bob Hope and Jimmy Cagney dance together. Very cute!

Shel said...

Laura, you find the BEST video clips! Love 'em!