Monday, January 19, 2009

Crazy Day!

Today was a crazy day.  Why, you ask?  Well, I'll tell you. Jeffrey and I got up early and went to Wal-Mart, Target, and Kroger.  We were buying supplies to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares for his Eagle Scout Fundraiser.  Then 10 youth descended on our home and proceeded to make 50 pans of the luscious goodness.  You heard me - fifty pans! After feeding them all hot dogs and thanking them all for their help, we sent them home.  After a couple hours of rest, more fun and excitement for us - we got to deliver all of the goodies!  We mapped out routes for Robert, Jeffrey, and I (thank goodness Jeffrey drives), and then we each spent from one hour (Robert) to three hours (Jeffrey and I respectively) doing delivery duty.  But now we are done with that portion of his Eagle Project!  Hooray!  And he raised more than enough money to make 15 tied lap quilts for the Fort Bend County Women's Center.  (We will have to ask them what they would like us to do with the extra funds. We'll either just give it to them or buy stuff they need.) Now we just have to buy the fabric, arrange for some youth to come over and cut the fabric, get the quilts sewn by kind sisters in the ward, and have some more youth come over to tie the quilts.  That's all.  I'm tired just thinking about it.  

But it will be worth it to have Eagle Scout #2!  

8 comments:

Carol Beck said...

obviously i called right in the middle of the craziness! sorry! i wish i had some of the candy! who did you sell to? i know if you sold at church steve would have bought some. he always does stuff like that! oh well, if he would have it would probably be all gone by the time i got home anyway! a few less pounds to lose when we go to weight watchers i guess!

kimberly said...

That's a lot of peanut butter chocolate squares.

I kind of wish I had a pan right now...

Laura said...

Carol, we did sell them at Church - but we sold them in Relief Society. So Steve missed out.

Lori Hurst said...

Ahhh, Eagle Scout projects. Loved that mine got his at 13 and my portion involved delivering pizza to some very depressed scouters and adults (the bridge they had just built collapsed and they were shoring it up). Way funner than 50 pans of ANYTHING!

jamie said...

sounds like a really great and well-thought-out project. i'm happy for you that the end is in sight. i know that moms end up shouldering most of the work, but remember, it's HIS project! congrats!

Rhonda said...

I have a confession to make--Aaron and Jared never did get their Eagle Projects done........actually never even started them. GASP! I'm so jealous of other kids that can "get it together." It got to the point where it would have been MY Eagle Project and I just decided that if they didn't care then I didn't either! So, kudos to you all. I so miss Gary Hurst as their scout leader!

Laura said...

I will confess that I finally picked this project for Jeffrey. I knew it was one we could do on our time schedule - which needs to be quick! But he is doing the work. Making the calls, planning the work parties, going shopping with me, all of that. So it is his project.

Gary is Scoutmaster in our ward now. I hope those boys realize how lucky they are!

Liz said...

Them were such goooood peanut butter squares! YUM!