Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas is Gone

The Christmas decorations have been taken down.  They have been, for the most part, put away.  Jeffrey and Scott can not manhandle the tree into the attic without Robert. It's just too big and heavy.  Other than that, though, Jeffrey somehow managed to get all of the other boxes into the attic by himself.  I'm not sure how he did it - some of them are HEAVY!  He's pretty handy to have around.  

Without all the Christmas decorations, my house looks kind of blah and colorless.  

4 comments:

Shel said...

Impressive!! I have all inside decorations down and packed up, now the boxes just need to be hauled up into the attic, ugh... the worst job ever! I have yet to tackle the 10 foot tree! I need to get out the ladder and I am dreading it! Since it's real, that means pine needles will be EVERYWHERE, but, oh well, it was nice it just went by way too fast. My front room will feel sooo empty without that humongo tree.

Shel-

kimberly said...

My little Christmas tree is still up. I'll have to put in a movie tonight and take down all my decorations. (And do laundry, and clean the bathroom, and tidy the rest of the apartment...)

I love the tree, but my apartment was a little crowded with it up. I will miss the sparkly lights, though. Another Christmas gone!

Lori Hurst said...

Man, y'all are saying that your decorations are down. I haven't even started thinking about it. Not that they should still be up, I am just not mentally prepared to start taking them down. I hate putting away Christmas - and not out of good cheer - I'm just lazy.

Laura said...

Kimberly volunteered to take all the ornaments off the tree yesterday, so I took her up on it! Plus Jeffrey was actually home, and could be bullied into getting all of the boxes out of the attic. I figured I'd better take advantage of any help I had!