Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kimberly

This is Kimberly, my oldest child and only daughter. She is riding my bike, lest any of you think she would own such an old fashioned bike, with a basket no less!

Kimberly is a Young Adult Librarian.  She decided to become a librarian after working as a shelver at a library during high school.  She's a pretty cool librarian, and dreams up all sorts of great programs for her library.

She has one embarrassing flaw that I am going to divulge to all of you.  Are you ready?  This past summer, she attended not one, but two, Science Fiction Conventions!  I know what you are all thinking, but I promise we raised her better than that! We were good parents!  Our one consolation is that she doesn't dress up in costume at the conventions! 

In all seriousness, she is a great daughter and one of my closest friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? I am an awesome person, scifi conventions and all!

Besides, GARETH DAVID-LLOYD HUGGED ME!

Sarah said...

#1 Who's Gareth David-Lloyd?Kimberly, you say his name like we should all know who he is.
#2 I LOVE that bike!! It's awesome!
#3 I LOVE Kimberly!! But I love every single Clutter family member. She is as wonderful as her mother. (And that sci-fi convention thingy shows me which brother she is absolutely made for)
So help me, we will be related one day if I have anything to say about it! :)

Laura said...

To answer your questions, Sarah:

#1 Gareth David-Lloyd is Ianto on "Torchwood". She has a mighty fine picture of him and her hugging! I swear, it looks like an engagement picture!
#2 It is a great bike, isn't it!!
#3 I would love to be part of the Grover clan someday! I just have to convince Kimberly!

Sarah said...

Lanto? Torchwood? I still have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. But I forgot to write my #4 so....
#4 I would LOVE to be a librarian!!
My grandfather's sister was a librarian in Amarillo and growing up I thought that that would be such a fun job.

Laura said...

Torchwood is a British sci-fi show. It's pretty good, and Ianto is quite attractive.

#4 I should have been a librarian. Instead I became an accountant - and I have no idea how to be an accountant!