Monday, October 27, 2008

Bailey

All of the blogs I read have been quiet - including mine.  I feel the need to post. Robert has forbidden me from posting about him, so you get the dog!  

This is Bailey.  She is a purebred beagle. Yes, we are well aware of the fact that she does not look like your typical beagle.  As we like to say, "she's a poor representation of her breed."  Funny story - the dog that won the Westminster Dog Show this year was a beagle named Uno.  Woo hoo for Uno! He is a beautiful beagle.  I recently found out that one of his trainers lives in the area, so Uno has been to our vet. I told Kimberly I would have to make sure to never bring Bailey in at the same time as him - lest they confuse the two!  Ha Ha Ha!! Too truly understand how funny that is, google Uno the beagle, and compare his picture to Bailey's. You will laugh, too!

Bailey is 12-1/2 years old.  As much as we love her, we will be the first to admit that she is neurotic. She has extreme separation anxiety. Seriously, I can leave the house for two minutes, and when I come back she is so excited to see me that you would think I had been gone for a month. I'm pretty sure she could benefit from some doggie Prozac!  

We also have 2 Siamese cats (I will post about them later). While Bailey has lived with us for 8 years longer than the cats, she is definitely not the Alpha in our home!  She is terrified of both of them.  If one of the cats walks up to her, she will avert her eyes, believing that if she can't see them, they can't see her!  Too bad it doesn't work!

Neuroses and all - we do love our Bailey!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

I have a neurotic dog as well. She FLIPS OUT when we leave.

Back to the movie... I want to know specifically WHAT Kimberly has against it!!!

Laura said...

Kimberly? Do you see Alisha's comment? She wants to know why you hate "The Notebook". Explain, young lady!

kimberly said...

Bailey may love you best, but she's still my favorite puppy! You should give her a treat and tell her it's from me.