Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jeffrey

This is Jeffrey. He is 17 and a senior in high school. This isn't the greatest picture of him, but it shows him doing what he does so well.  He is a percussionist. He doesn't enjoy playing snare drums though. He really enjoys and excels at playing mallet instruments, like the marimba, or xylophone, or others which I am not sure how to spell.  I wish I had a video of him playing marimba.  He is a lot of fun to watch because he plays with great flair.  

Jeffrey, especially compared to pre-college Brian, is very social.  He really likes getting together with friends from Church or school.  During the summer, especially after he got his license, he seemed to be gone all the time.  

Jeffrey's plans for the future?  Graduate from high school and go off to college for a year.  He wants to go to Texas A&M.  That seems to be our family's college of choice.  I graduated from there, Kimberly graduated from there, and Brian went there the year before his mission and plans to go back after his mission.  So it would probably be more surprising if he didn't go there!  Jeffrey plans to major in Accounting and Economics, and his long term goal is to work for the Federal Reserve!  No small aspirations for him!

I said he wants to go to college for a year.  After that year he wants to serve a mission for our Church.  I know it's something we teach our boys since they are little, but it still has to be their decision.  I'm glad that he has decided that is what he wants to do.

I find I enjoy my kids more and more the older they get. I've always managed to have a good relationship with them, and I just think they are lots of fun.  Jeffrey really seems to have come into his own this last year or so, and I'm glad I get to see it happening.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hey! The name only option is back for leaving comments. Very nice.

So why is Jeffrey's post also longer than mine? I'm sensing a trend here...

No, really. Jeffrey is turning into a pretty cool guy. I find it hard to believe he's so popular (probably because I'm his big sister and see what a dork he really is), but I guess it's 'cause he's so cute! He's kind of nerd cute, right? And nerd cute is in.

Laura said...

My first thought after I saw the post on the blog was that it was longer than yours and Brian's! I should have known you would notice that! My only reasoning is that I am not involved as much in your day to day living. So of course your post is shorter.

Sarah said...

nice recovery.

It's funny how kids are. I just called my mom demanding to know why she had commented on Liz's blog but not on mine. "I knew you were going to say that", she said. If you knew I was going to say that then why didn't you comment, lady?

Anonymous said...

But, but, but... We talk on the phone practically every single day!

Sigh.

Laura said...

Do I need to go back and add more to your post so you will be happy? Is that what it will take?

Sheesh!

Laura said...

Thanks, Sarah! I thought it was a nice recovery too. She's not buying it though!

Shel said...

You totally Rock it, Jeffrey!!!

Of course I'm a band nerd at heart!!!

Shelley