Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Project Graduation

Please note the time of this post.  It is late, and I still have work to do.

What kind of work, you ask?

I'll tell you.

I am in charge of keeping track of all of the hours worked by parents and students for Project Graduation (which is an all night party at the school the night of graduation).  All of the hours get turned into "tiger tokens" which are spent at ProGrad to win prizes.  And seeing as how there are 183 kids going to ProGrad and over 1000 prizes, the odds of a student (hopefully Jeffrey) winning a bunch of prizes are very good!

Anyway, tomorrow we are bundling all of the tiger tokens the kids have earned in preparation for the big night.  That means I have to know how many of each denomination (25, 50, 100, 500, and 1000) each kid gets.  Since the amount of tiger tokens earned varies from 2500 to over 15,000, it's a challenge! Not to mention I just got the tiger tokens today, and there aren't enough 100's so I have to redo my figuring. Not to mention people keep turning in hours, although the technical cutoff was May 26th (I'm a softie).  

What this all really means is that if someone wants to drop by the house at 3:00 this morning, chances are good I will still be up.

My procrastination is now done.  Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's back to work I go!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Good luck. It sounds exhausting. Missed you at book club.

Liz said...

Holy crap! You are amazing. They really need to invent a 24-hour donut shop. Am I right?

Laura said...

A 24-hour all Buttermilk glazed donut shop would be even better!

Jennifer said...

It sounds like a giant, horrendous, Monopoly game. You'll get it done, though.