Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where are My Baking Cups?

For years I have used Reynolds Baking Cups.  I posted a teeny tiny picture on the right, just in case someone doesn't know what those are.  There has always been 50 baking cups in the plastic container. Enough for 2 batches of cupcakes, with 2 left over.  (I never understood the extra 2.  I have never messed up a baking cup so badly that I had to replace it.)

Last time I made cupcakes I pulled out a new package of baking cups.  There were only 36 baking cups in the container!  What?!?  That's not even enough to make 2 batches of cupcakes!  It's a travesty!  That's a decrease of over 25%, and I know the price didn't go down.  

I may have to call Reynolds to get to the bottom of this.

**Edit** Just to clarify.  It wasn't that some of the baking cups were missing, it was that the package now reads that there are 36 baking cups in there.  

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love how they decrease the portions and sizes thinking that we as consumers won't know the difference. From icecream to makeup it's happening everywhere.

Shel said...

You were robbed.

Kristie said...

I have been running out of baking cups quickly and I just didn't put two and two together. That stinks - we should all complain.

kimberly said...

Yes! I just noticed that! I buy those, too, because they're affordable, right? So I bought them and used them for cupcakes for book club a couple of weeks ago. Then Sunday I went to make cupcakes and discovered I didn't have enough cups. I was confused!

(Fortunately, I had a second package on hand.)

Lori Hurst said...

Look at all you bakers! I wouldn't have noticed either IF I were a baker - so you are clearing things up for people - a fine servce.

That there is NO QUESTION that I could mangle at least 5 - 10 baking cups just trying to bake a batch of cupcakes is one of the reasons I probably don't bake.

jamie said...

grrr...just like the extra bump in the bottom of the peanut butter jar to rob you of a few ounces of peanut butter!

Pops Stargell said...

I'll add to the general confusion here. The boys and I like to make cupcakes, so I just bought two little packages of these cups. After reading your post, I went and looked at them. One of them is a 36 pack, but the other is a 50 pack. I bought them at the same time at the same place. Was the 50 pack just leftover inventory before the reduction was made? Or do they now offer two sizes for some reason? Strange.

Debbie and Boys said...

We're being "fleeced!"

Debbie and Boys said...

We're being "fleeced!"

Jennifer said...

Uh, what in thuh? I buy them and lose them. Since I never use them.

(Here's where I would add:
"Perhaps I would abuse them;
Because I never choose them;)