Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back to College

Tomorrow Jeffrey and I are traveling to Texas A&M for New Student Orientation.  We will be gone until Friday evening.  

Jeffrey is staying in a dorm room.  I, however, am staying in a nice hotel room with a king size bed.  I have packed my portable DVD player and seasons 3 and 4 of NCIS.  I'm almost done with season 3, so I'm bringing season 4 also.  

If it weren't for the fact that I have to hike around A&M's large campus in the heat, this would be a nice mini-vacation!  I will have to enjoy tomorrow evening.

Oh, and I get to go to a Yell Practice and sing the Aggie War Hymn!  Whoop!  Gig 'em, Aggies!

5 comments:

kimberly said...

What, what? It's not even 2 full days long! That is so not fair. I remember mine being freakishly long.

Sheesh.

Sing the War Hymn extra loud for me, okay?

Jennifer said...

Wait! The most important part is NCIS! How are you enjoying these seasons?

Alisha said...

You Aggies are strange. What does "gig em" even mean?

Lori Hurst said...

I skipped the orientation in lieu of looking for an apartment. I am sure we are going about this all wrong, but as first timers - clueless! They said I can come back to another orientation if Ryan seems especially confused or not giving up the info, but I hope we are ok. I have a trip to Colorado next week, then off to Australia for about the entire month of July then have to move him in mid August - finding a roof over his head seemed important but I feel I am missing out on some info!

Liz said...

WOW! Sounds like fun! Oh please let me be responsible enough to help my kids transition into college. I never seemed to be able to iron out the details of class, and homework and books for myself!