Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Horror!

Last night's rain was lovely.  Until the power went out and messed up our internet.  I called Comcast and spoke to a very nice man in India.  We tried all sorts of things, but alas, still no internet.  He said there were problems in the area, and it would probably be on before midnight.  But we set up a tech. appointment just in case.  For Saturday.  That was their earliest appointment.  I began to panic, thinking of almost a week without internet - with Jeffrey in the house going crazy.  Not pleasant.  Got up this morning and still no internet.  Spoke to a nice Comcast lady right here in Houston.  Tried all sorts of stuff again.  No luck.  I was lamenting waiting until Saturday.  She said they didn't think the modem was the problem, but I could go get a new one if I wanted.  I wanted.  I was at the Comcast office by 9:15. Brought my new modem home, plugged it all in, and ta-da! It works!! Hallelujah!  My week has been saved.

3 comments:

kimberly said...

I would die without net for a week. AND I HAVE TO DO THAT AT D*C! *cries*

Kristie said...

I think I would go crazy without internet for even a couple of hours - This is a sad life I lead!

Jennifer said...

Current perspective (July 5th) - I've been out of town for several days, and internet didn't make an appearance. Out of sight, out of mind. Of course, now I'm frantically trying to catch up.