Monday, June 8, 2009

A Missionary Mom's Woes

In early March I sent Brian his Easter package.  It was full of Easter candy and cake and brownie mix.  Nothing too exciting - just fun for Easter. 

Brian received the package in two weeks.

In early April I sent Brian his birthday package (birthday - May 5).  It was full of stuff he wanted.  Some good stuff. Not cheap stuff.

Brian has still not received that package.  It has been over two months.

Why???  Why???

Why does the Easter package, full of nonsense, arrive in two weeks?  Why has the birthday package, full of good stuff, still not arrived?

These are the times I wish he was serving his mission in the United States!

8 comments:

Shel said...

Oh my goodness... that is crazy. I wonder why it's so far off this time. I'm so sorry, that is irritating. I hope he gets it soon.

Alisha said...

That stinks! Someone probably saw the goods & stole it.

Don't you love how I see the best in people??

Lori Hurst said...

I'm sorry - that sucks. I think it will get to him - it sounds like the post down there is not exactly reliable or prompt!

Rhonda said...

We once sent Landon's brother a jar of peanut butter, of all things (he was craving it). Paid an arm and a leg to ship it overseas(I'm tired and can't remember where). The darn thing never arrived. Hope your outcome is better!

Liz said...

How frustrating!!!!!!

Kristie said...

That stinks. I was just talking to Brent yesterday about the Girl Scout cookies I sent him and he was like what Girl Scout cookies. I just assumed he got the package, but I guess not. So I feel your pain - well, mine was worthless junk that I didn't even know got lost, so I guess I don't feel ya. :-)

Jennifer said...

You know how I feel about the postal service. I'm sorry for your frustration and Brian's delayed joy and motherly adoration.

Mom2 said...

We have had the same package issues with Brazil. The only package that didn't make it was the first package that we sent to the MTC in Brazil. They did send him out of the MTC two weeks early so we don't know if it made it there and then never made it to him or if it just didn't make it at all. It was full of stuff he discovered he needed and wasn't cheap at all. One Christmas package from my parents got there for Valentines Day! We are just happy that he got the rest of the packages after the first experience. I hope Brian gets it soon.

Rochelle