Saturday, June 13, 2009

I'm Singin' the Postal Service Blues

Today when I checked the mail, I found that the key to the package mailbox was in my box.  I was excited, thinking, perhaps, that Jeffrey had received a graduation present.

Alas, this is what I saw when I opened the box:
That's right.  Brian's birthday package.  The one I mailed on April 3rd.  As you can see, it's marked "RTS", which I'm assuming means "Return to Sender".  But why?  Why after two months was the package returned to me?  Brian's address is very legible.  It's the same address I've mailed all of his packages to.  

Monday I will be calling the Post Office to see if they can help figure this mystery out.  

My dilemma now is, do I mail the package again?  I mean, look how much it cost me the first time:
That's right.  $41.95 for a package he didn't get.  Is it worth sending again?

Also, he will be home in about 2-1/2 months.  Will he even get the package before he leaves?

Such a quandary.  (I totally wanted to spell that without the 2nd "a".)

So, mail the package or give it to him when he gets home? What would you do?

8 comments:

Liz said...

AHH! I'm feeling frustrated FOR you!
Give it to him when he gets home. You'll both laugh about this later. Plus, what would really suck is if you sent it again and he never got it before it was time for him to get home. Now that, you would never laugh about!

Lori Hurst said...

Bummer! I'd be asking for my money back.

Based on your past experience, I would wait and give it to him face to face.

In my 'semi' Murphy's Law world - there would be no way it would make it in time - so maybe I am not the best one to be giving advice!

Jennifer said...

Keep it. If you want to mail something, send the USPS a nasty letter. Benjamin Franklin would be so disappointed.

Kristie said...

I agree - wait until he gets home. And I think they should totally give you your money back. That's a lot to spend for something not to make it to its destination! Ugh....

Court said...

Major frustration. Definitely wait until he gets home. You don't want to waste more money on shipping only to have it get stolen or returned again. He will appreciate it when he returns!

Laura said...

I probably will just save it until he gets home.

I just put in the tracking number from the package. It actually made it all the way to the Dominican Republic and then was sent back. I have no idea why. I didn't send him anything different that I ever send him.

kimberly said...

I saw wait until he gets home. If he's made it this long without what was in it, he can make it a couple more months, don't you think?

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

I would wait. That totally stinks! 2 months and over $40. Holy cow! Can you write that off on your tithing? :)