Friday, May 29, 2009

I also have a Confession...

Jennifer's post inspired me.  I also have an online game addiction.  Mine is "Farm Town", which is a game found on Facebook (yes, that's right, Facebook).  Just as the name implies, the game is about farming.  You start with a plot of land and a little money, and have to plant and harvest crops to earn money.  The more money you earn, the more land you can buy to plant more crops!  Then you can buy fences, barns, houses, and even a mansion!

This is my farm:  

Isn't it pretty?  You can see all my pretty crops growing. The barn is a new addition.  You have to reach certain levels before you can buy buildings, and I just reached barn level last night.  It was quite exciting!

I am not alone in this addiction!  And I am not playing with a bunch of 12-year-olds!  I have four friends - all close to my age - who also play.  We are all Farm Town neighbors.  And I know a sister in our ward - who is older than me - who also plays - and has an awesome farm!

If you're on Facebook, give Farm Town a try.  It's really a lot of fun!

9 comments:

Alison said...

I am beyond addicted to this stupid game. My hubby and I harvest each others farms so that we can get more money. :D

Kristie said...

I think, Laura, you may need an intervention, too. I think we definitely need to call an emergency girls night out!

Laura said...

Alison, I usually work at your farm at least once a day! Got to build my experience points!

Jeffrey and I usually harvest for each other also.

Kristie, I say no to an intervention! But an emergency GNO sounds good!

Jennifer said...

Hah! Here's a shout out to all closet computer game addicts! It's way more fun than it sounds to non-players.

And I am not ready for an intervention - I just had a big break in the case.

GNO sounds great, though.

kimberly said...

I think you're all crazy.

Not that I can talk. Instead of computer games, I watch tv on dvd obsessively.

Shel said...

You know the addicts are usually in denial and will reject an intervention when it is openly talked about.... that is why it is snuck up on them.... Ha!

GNOs Rock!! I'm always up for those.. count me in.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Kimberly - they are all nuts!!! Of course, I have to say that I could never do anything like this, because I could never figure out how to do it...

Chris (Laurie's sister)

kimberly said...

POST SOMETHING NEW!

I am getting bored with this post.

Hippo said...

I'm adicted to an online game called Star Pirates. It's text based and really kind of nerdy, but I can't stop playing.