Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy 21st Birthday, Brian!!

Happy 21st birthday to Brian, serving his mission in the Dominican Republic!  Here he is, newly born:
Here he is after a long, hard day walking all over Niagara Falls:
I love that picture!  You can just tell he is thinking, "I can't go on anymore"!

Here he is in 5th grade, after winning the Arizona Fleming Elementary School Spelling Bee for the 2nd year in a row:
Here he is in May of 2007, holding the envelope containing his call to serve a mission in the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo West Mission:
Here he is on August 29, 2007, after eating one last meal at IHOP:
He entered the Missionary Training Center a couple of hours later, ready to begin his new adventure as a missionary!

Today he is turning 21 years old!  He has served 20 months of his two year mission.  I can't wait to see him in four months!  

Brian, I'm so proud of you for sacrificing your time to serve the Lord.  I know you are being blessed for your service.  I love you, and I'm proud to call you my son.

Happy 21st birthday!!

12 comments:

Shel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRIAN!! I love the picture where he just can't go anymore... Wow, 4 months, the time is really winding down.

Kristie said...

Wow, he is close to coming home. It's fun to look back at his 21 years with you. Happy birthday, Brian.

Liz said...

Okay, what is wrong with me? That post made me cry! You are such an amazing mother with incredible kids. He is such a great kid--well, now a guy, I guess. Man do I feel old! And so many days, I feel like him in that Niagara pic. That's priceless!

kimberly said...

Aww! Happy birthday, Brian!

(So I totally spaced and thought his p-day was on Wednesday. I emailed him today, but he'll get it after his birthday. *facepalm* Oh well. It's the thought that counts.)

Laura said...

Kimberly? Do you not remember the e-mail from Brian that I forwarded to you yesterday? That he wrote on his P-Day? You're a little young for senior moments, you know!

kimberly said...

Yesterday, before I got the forward, I thought his p-day was on Wednesday. By the time his email makes it into my inbox, it's too late to send him something and think he'll read it that day.

So I just waited and emailed him on his birthday.

Jenae said...

Cinco de Mayo?!? Best birthday ever!

Leslie said...

You are too young to have a 21 year old!!

Leslie said...

You are too young to have a 21 year old!!

kimberly said...

You do know Brian's not the oldest kid, right, Leslie?

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Brian!
He's a great nephew and a great cousin and his Reeder relaitves love him and are also very proud of him!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

wow, 4 more months! Those are great pics. Love the Niagra Falls one.