Saturday, May 23, 2009

Brief Moment of Prom Panic

Jeffrey is going to Prom tonight.  This morning he came up to me and said, "Mom, I forgot to pick up the Prom tickets!"

Here's the deal.  He bought the tickets over a month ago. The school, in its infinite wisdom, decided that the students would lose the tickets if they gave them to them that early. So they decided to pass out the tickets the week before Prom.  And Jeffrey didn't pick up his tickets.  While that does make him a goofball, I will defend him a little.  He was gone from school Monday and Tuesday, and any announcements made in the cafeteria are almost impossible to hear (and I know this because I've been in the cafeteria at lunch).

So, here we were Saturday morning, with no Prom tickets. I called a friend who knows everything going on at Travis, and she told me who to call.  The second call resulted in me finding out that the tickets are really just souvenirs, and not needed to get into the Prom.  The Prom people already know who's coming, so an ID is really all that's needed.  

Whew.  Ticket crisis averted.  On to the next one!

4 comments:

Jenae said...

ahhh, I miss high school panic.... Make sure to post pictures of Jeffrey and his date!

Jennifer said...

I think now is an appropriate time to state that I hated high school. Hated.

Laura said...

I will definitely be posting pictures later this evening!

kimberly said...

He's such a goof.