Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Last Phone Call!

Today we got to talk to Brian in the Dominican Republic. For the last time!  This was our 4th phone call.  Next time we talk to him should be September 2nd ... in person ... at the airport in Houston ... when we greet him up at the end of his mission!  

It was so nice to talk to him.  He sounded wonderful.  We were able to have a nice looooong talk.  Some mission presidents put time limits on the calls, but Brian's doesn't, so we talked for a while.

I am so grateful to whoever it was in the Church that decided that families should get to talk to their missionary on Mother's Day.  That phone call made my Mother's Day WONDERFUL!    

3 comments:

Kristie said...

That does sound wonderful. What a great mother's day gift! I'm sure the rest of his time will fly by for you.

Jennifer said...

I agree - if anyone thinks women are not equal in the LDS church, they're right. We are so cherished. Mom's are the only one's who get that special call. I am glad it is his last one, though.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

I must be hormonal but this post gave me goose bumps! That is so sweet, I'm glad you got to talk to him. You get to see him so soon, woo hoo! I love your what packing post, that's funny!