Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thanks a Lot, Liz!

So earlier this week, Liz posted about the incredible donut she had tried at Shipley's.  Buttermilk Cake Glazed.  She raved about this donut, which is only available on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Friday morning, a group of us gathered at Shipley's to try these wonders of the donut world.

Good Golly, was she right!  They were incredible!  Without a doubt, the best donut I have ever tasted in my life (and I've eaten my share of donuts).  They literally melt in your mouth.

So where was I this Saturday morning?  At Shipley's, buying Buttermilk donuts.  All very unselfish, of course - I wanted my family to try them.  Yeah, right.  They'll be lucky if I let them have one each!

I can see this could become a very bad habit.  I am just going to have to stay away from that place.  Of course, Kimberly is coming home next weekend....

Thanks a lot, Liz!!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Smart woman. It didn't even occur to me that I could go back today and purchase some!!

kimberly said...

And I'm coming home the weekend after that...

Lori Hurst said...

EXACTLY why I chose not go! My Sonic Diet Coke addiction is all I can deal with for now...

Court said...

I think we're all in the same boat!!

Shel said...

I'm sorry I missed it (this time ;) I did see y'alls cars there and was a tad bit sad when I drove by with my mom on our way to Woodhouse Day Spa to get my 60 minute Swedish Massage, oh yeah, it was GOOD! I do think that them yummy buttermilk donuts would've been good, but I couldn't pass up my first massage ever. I hope y'all plan on another donut get together sometime.

Liz said...

Your welcome!

Kristie said...

I also went to Shipleys yesterday morning to buy as many of those ridiculous donuts as I could get my hands on. Sorry, Liz, if there were none left for you. But then my kids scarfed them all down and didn't even eat the plain old yucky ones I bought for them!

mmmandy! said...

Hey you! Your blog is great! I was laughing so hard at the conversation you had with your cats! :D Hopefully I'll have something new to post within the next couple of days so you don't have to keep looking at the same old entries. Oh, the pressure!

Laura said...

Welcome, Mandy!

Now I am going to add you to my sidebar, and I expect a new post ASAP!!