Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cha Ching!!

High school = expensive.

Last payment for Jeffrey and Scott to go to Disney World with the band.  Cha ching!!  

Payment for Jeffrey to take 8 (yes, 8) AP exams.  Cha ching!!

I'm okay with these expenses.  This is probably the only way the boys will get to Disney World.  And if Jeffrey does well on all 8 AP exams he will save us money in college.  He has already passed 4 tests, so he would have credit for 12 college classes if he passes these 8.  (Study, Jeffrey, study.)  

It just would have been nice if both rather large payments had not been due the same day!  Cha ching!!  Cha ching!!

10 comments:

kimberly said...

8 AP exams? Good gravy, that's crazy! How is that even possible? Is he really taking that many classes?

Liz said...

My wallet hurts!

Court said...

wow. i am so impressed. 8 AP exams?? that boy deserves some of your delicious peanut butter kiss cookies.

p.s. let me know when you bake them and then i will just magically happen to be in the area of your cul-de-sac when they come out of the oven. ;)

Laura said...

He's taking:
English
Psychology
European History
Human Geography
Economics
Government
*Microeconomics
*Comparative Government

*He's not actually taking those classes, but they are similar enough to other classes that he thinks he can study the AP guides and pass them. I figure, let him go for it. He could save us money!

Jennifer said...

I don't even know what two of those classes are.

kimberly said...

I don't even know what microeconomics entails. Or a couple of the others.

He has lost his mind. Tru fax.

Laura said...

Kimberly, I wouldn't plan on visiting during AP week. It might not be pretty!

Lori Hurst said...

Very impressive. And wanting to save you money in the long run is truly noble!

Shel said...

I've said this before, but it can be said over and over without being overly used..... Jeffrey, "YOU ROCK!!!" and Laura, I'm so sorry on the Cha Ching.. ouch. I got that nice message from FBISD saying that AP exams are like $60 an exam and then if you are late paying they cost even MORE... crazy... I've never heard of that before living here, Hellooww... public schools... and our tax money is already going to paying for it, am I right???? Oye Vey!

Jeffrey still ROCKS!

kimberly said...

Yeah, you should warn me when AP week comes so I can cower a safe distance away from the stress cloud that will be hanging over your house.