Thursday, March 19, 2009

At Least We Did Something...

Robert had today off and he's also taking tomorrow off. I had this idea that we (meaning the four of us at home) should drive up to Brenham and spend the night. Robert thought it was a good idea too. The problem? My 15 and 18 year old boys didn't think it sounded very exciting. So....we didn't go.

Because I was bummed about that, I made Robert take us out to dinner. And not just any dinner. Oh, no. We went to my favorite restaurant in the whole world:

Taste of Texas

Word can not adequately express how much I love that restaurant!  I love the Texas decor and ambience.  I love the salad bar.  I love the fruit.  I love the breads.  I love the filet mignon (melts like butter).  I love the baked potato.  I love many of the desserts.  Key lime pie.  Ice cream sundae in a sugary type edible bowl.  Snickers pie.  Chocolate cake. Tonight I got the ice cream sundae.  But they are all yummy.  

I truly love that place!!  And it made me feel better.

(I'm sorry, Kimberly.  You were working.)

13 comments:

Liz said...

Yay! Eating out is one of my most favorite things in the whole world. Courtney was just telling me how much she loves T.O.T. We should have out GNO at Christmas-time there.

Jennifer said...

I don't think I've ever been there! But now I want to go!

Jenae said...

I've never been to Taste of Texas either, but I'm pretty sure I would like it just based on the dessert menu! I think we should have a GNO there WAY before Christmas!

Laura said...

A group of us actually went to lunch there at Christmas in 2007. It was so much fun, and I would love to go again.

I would go anytime, but the restaurant is beautiful at Christmas.

One caution - it's not cheap. If you don't get steak, though, it's quite a bit cheaper. Not quite as yummy, but still good!

kimberly said...

I had taquitos for dinner tonight and then worked until 9:30.

I hate you all.

This is me crying: :*(

Shel said...

Yummmm, that is my favorite, too. I agree a GNO there is a must.

I'm sad for Kimberly :(

Court said...

Laura, I'm with you all the way. TOT is delicious, has excellent service, and very fun. They have cool Texas history memorabilia (which drew me in) and a taxidermied bear (which appealed to Doug, of course). I've only had the salad bar because I've gone at lunch time and it was superb. $8.

Rhonda said...

Oooo...I so would have left the 15 and 18 yr. olds at home and gone for a rendevous with your hubby.:) I'm such a good mom!

Sarah said...

Ummmm, I wasn't working.

Leslie said...

never been to this tasty restaurant. where is it located??

Laura said...

Leslie, it's on I-10, just east of the Sam Houston Tollway. The easiest is way to get there is to take the Sam Houston Tollway north and exit at Kimberly/Memorial. Stay on the feeder road until it runs into the I-10 feeder road. Turn right and stay on the I-10 feeder road until you see the Taste of Texas sign on the right.

Sorry, Sarah, we forgot to call you!

Lori Hurst said...

I'm in for a lunch or dinner with the 'Girls' in December, but yeah - I am currently 'single' and would love to go earlier so any excuse ...

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

yum! never been there but I'd love it!

That's funny about your boys hair!