Wednesday, April 22, 2009

FedEx Knows....

Yesterday I posted about the speedy service I received from FedEx after mailing an overnight letter to Brian in the Dominican Republic.  Today I noticed there was a new comment.  I looked, and it was from "FedEx Dolores".  She said they appreciated my business, and was glad I had a good experience.

Question.  How did FedEx know that I had written about them on my blog?  I would think they would have better things to do than monitor blog posts.  Robert thinks they probably have a computer program that looks for their name, and then a human writes a response if one is needed. I guess that sounds logical.

I'm conflicted about how I feel about this.  On the one hand, I think it's kind of cool that I got a comment from "FedEx Dolores".  On the other hand, it's kind of big brotherish, you know?

Well, since this post will probably come to their attention too, maybe "FedEx Dolores", or "FedEx Bob", or FedEx Whoever" can tell me if Robert's theory is right.  Was I discovered by a computer program.  Inquiring minds (mine) would like to know. 

6 comments:

Shel said...

I noticed her comment and thought the same thing, hmmm interesting that FedEx noticed a blog post out in cyberspace about them???? People can find anything these days, eh?? One reason James is leary of me starting a blog. I may not share this post with him :)

Kristie said...

That is scary. You made up my mind - I am sticking with keeping my blog private. Brent says that doesn't even help. If people want to see it, they can see it, but it makes me feel better anyway.

Lori Hurst said...

To add to the mystery - if you clik on 'her'. In the profile, it says that it was created in April 2009. I don't think that FedEx is creating a persona for each and every polite response to someone.

Just food for thought

Lori Hurst said...

.... and since there is nothing I can possibly come up with that I should be doing at 3:00am - I investigated further. If you advance google "FedEx Dolores" you get three hits - two are the post at the Clutter Connection and the other is a Twitter hit: http://twitter.com/FedexDolores/status/1576292636.

I don't know much about Twitter, not into it at all, but looks like you were 'tweeted' or what ever they would call it. FedEx Dolores does have listed its website as www.fedex.com, but tweeted (sent a message out - yeah, I am so making this language up as I go) only 4 times in two days and has only 3 followers - so either she is a very slothful, inept tweep?, twit?, twat? or there are a bunch of them out there 'tweeting' or 'twittering' or 'twattering' ... or it is bogus.

Anyone out there think I need to get a life? Go to bed? Sorry - mysteries, especially on the computer - I can't help myself.

"The name's Marple, Jane Marple ..."

Laura said...

Now you've got me creeped out, Lori!

Lori Hurst said...

Nah - it was supposed to un-creep you out (or do you mean me?). Twitter is harmless.