Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hooray for FedEx!!

I had to mail Brian a new debit card (our bank changed).  I was a little leery about sending it through the post office - not on our end, but on the Dominican Republic end.  So I decided to send it by FedEx - two day delivery.  Expensive, yes, but safer to mail to a country that has a lot of problems with credit card fraud (as we know from experience). Yesterday I went to the FedEx office, and the nice FedEx lady said they could get it there by Tuesday or Thursday.  I asked which was cheaper and she said Tuesday (go figure), so that's what I chose.

I just checked the tracking number, and my letter, which left Katy at 12:25p.m. on Monday was delivered to the Mission Office in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic at 3:35p.m. today!  And they are an hour ahead of us!  I sometimes have complaints about letter delivery, but I have only one thing to say right now:

FedEx, you ROCK!!!

Now we'll see how long it takes the zone leaders to get the letter to Brian....   

3 comments:

Liz said...

AWESOME! After watching "Castaway" I had a newfound sense of appreciation for what those guys do!

Shel said...

Wahoo!! That rocks! I'd have been a bit nervous, too, but that is great it got there just fine!

FedEx Dolores said...

Hello Laura, this is FedEx Dolores.Thank you, we appreciate your business. We're glad you had a good experience!