Sunday, April 26, 2009

Life on Chestnut Street!

I grew up on Chestnut Street in Park Forest, Illinois.  We had a whole pack of kids that lived on the street.  I recently friended one of my old friends on Facebook.  Today she posted this picture: 

This was probably taken in about 1974, and includes only some of the kids on the street.

We were a motley looking crew, weren't we?

So, which one is me?

**Edit**  My sister is also in the picture.  She is in the top row, 3rd one from the left.  She has pigtails, and is wearing a hat.  She just told me SHE STILL HAS THAT HAT!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

You're the one with the glasses and the T-shirt with the one pink sleeve and one yellow sleeve, am I right? That looks just like you. And if it's not you, then you look just like that girl.

Laura said...

You are right, Sarah! That's me. And now you know why I don't have long hair - it was never my look, as much as I wanted it to be.

Alisha said...

That was my guess as well. I love pictures from the past!

Liz said...

I knew that was you! Looks like Jeffrey and Kimberly! I'm lovin' the glasses! Very stylin'!

Laura said...

Liz, my sister just said she can see Scott in that picture! How funny.

Those glasses were high fashion!

Jennifer said...

I guessed right, too! You have very astute friends. I saw Kimberly immediately.

kimberly said...

Yeah, I don't think we look anything alike. Sorry, mom.

I can't believe Aunt Chris still has that hat. Actually, scratch that. I can totally believe it. Crazy girl!

Shel said...

I saw that there were 7 comments, so I made my guess first and I guessed right, too... yay! What a fun picture. I love looking at pictures from the glory days ;)

Laura said...

You guys are much better at this than my kids. I showed the picture to all three of them, and they didn't know which one was me!

Kristie said...

I actually thought your sister was you before I read the edit. The real you was actually my second guess. Cool looking group.

Debbie and Boys said...

I love old photos! I'm so glad to see a posting of the past...and I guessed the girl in the pink shirt, too. Only through process of elimination, though.