Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Banking

Okay, I will admit that I am a bit anal when it comes to reconciling my checking account.  I go online almost daily to check my balance and see what transactions have cleared. I can balance my checkbook to the penny in less than 3 minutes.

Today something happened that rarely happens.  All of my transactions have cleared the bank!  All of the checks I've written, all of the card swipes at stores or restaurants. They have all cleared the bank.  The amount of money my bank says I have is exactly the same as the amount of money I do have!  I think that's cool.  

Yes, I know that's dorky.  I don't care.  

Of course, I have to pay a bill or two today, so tomorrow my balances won't be the same.  Oh well.  I'll enjoy it for now.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Best feeling in the world! (Unless the total is negative.)

Laura said...

A negative total is never a good thing.

kimberly said...

Right, so when that happens to me, I feel I need to go out and purchase something. Just because.

LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES FROM PANERA!

Court said...

Good for you! And I definitely don't think it's over the top to track your balance and reconcile your register--that's just good money management.