Saturday, November 1, 2008

All About Me!

Four things you might not have known about me:

1.  I love to read murder mysteries.  Not blood and guts gory ones like Sarah, but the tamer type. My favorites usually revolve around cooking or knitting or quilting or families.  I try to find a series, so that I can always have something to read.  That's one reason Book Club is so good for me - it makes me read something a little more challenging than the "Fudge Cupcake Murder" or the "New Year's Eve Murder".

2.  I am very good at word games - like word search puzzles, scrambled words, or Wheel of Fortune. And you know how often times at Baby or Bridal Showers you play a game where you're given a couple of words (like the bride and groom's names) and told to write as many words as you can from those words?  Well, I always win.  Seriously.  I don't think I have ever lost that game. I'm not trying to brag, but it is one of the few skills I have!

3.  For my birthday in July, I got a .22 handgun!  Totally my idea, too.  I decided Robert and I needed something we could do together.  He has a gun already, and I always loved shooting BB guns at Cub Scout Day Camp, so I thought I should get a gun so we could go target shooting together. So we went to a Gun Show (another admission in and of itself), and I bought a gun!  It's just a little gun, but I bought it to shoot at targets, not people, so that's okay.  It is still lots of fun to shoot, and doesn't have the recoil of a bigger gun. I'm turning into such a redneck!

4.  I have road rage.  Don't be alarmed that this admission follows my admission of gun ownership! I only bring my gun in the car if I'm going to the range - and it's never loaded. But I do have road rage, and will yell at people while I'm driving.  Now these people never know I'm yelling at them, since I have my windows rolled up.  And I never do anything more than yell - I don't cut people off or anything stupid like that.  But yelling makes me feel better.  If any one other than my family is in the car with me, they would not know I have road rage - I hide it in front of others.  But my family knows. In fact, my kids have picked up on my bad habit. They will yell with me in the car!  And those who drive also yell.  Not the best habit I could have passed on to them, and something I need to work on.  If there just weren't so many stupid drivers on the road... 

There you have it.  Four things you might not have known before, but know about me now.  I hope you will still talk to me...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I cannot believe you have a gun! That's crazy talk!! Hey aren't the cat books nice tame murders? Have your read those? You know, "The Cat Who Saw Red" and those?

Laura said...

I tried one of the cat books, and just didn't like it. Maybe I should try another one.

I love my gun!

Leslie said...

I can see you with a gun in your hands! HA! Watch out.

Shel said...

That's all pretty Awesome!!! Except the road rage... I probably shouldn't praise you for that :) I do tend to talk to others when I'm driving, but it's not quite to the level of rage.. now James tends to lean more towards your level of feeling like he needs to teach others how to drive cuz they're all idiots, so he yells at them... too funny... It's always fun to learn new things about our friends.. and of course we still love them!! I've babbled a lot about myself and you're still talking to me.... right??? hee hee.. I don't give people much of a chance not to, lol...

Shel-

jamie said...

i liked this. i laughed out loud a couple times. thanks for sharing a few things about yourself--they were all things i hadn't yet learned about you.