Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jamie's Tag

Jamie posted a tag on her blog.  (Or as Kimberly and her LJ friends call it, a "meme").  No matter what it's called, she invited anyone else to complete it also.  And since Kimberly is pestering me to post, I'm going to do it too!  So here it is, my first tag!

4 random things I love about my husband:
1. He will watch chick flicks with me - at home or in the theater.
2. He doesn't complain when I do things with Kimberly (shopping) or church friends (eating).
3. Since we first got married, he's worked as hard as he can to support our family.  He has worked a lot of different job to take care of us.  I love him for that.
4. He makes great toffee.  If you come by near Christmas, he may even give you some.

4 jobs I've had:
1. Cashier at JC Penney.  True story - I had to quit because they didn't want to give me time off for my wedding - the back-to-school sales were going on!
2. Cashier/Animal Feeder/Cage and Aquarium Cleaner/Puppy-Player-With at a Pet Store.
3. Bookkeeper at a Women's Dress Shop.
4. ESL Teacher.  Si.  Es verdad.  

4 movies I've seen more than once:
1. Yankee Doodle Dandy (love that Jimmy Cagney dancing).
2. About a Boy (love that Hugh Grant).
3. Lady and the Tramp (love that spaghetti scene).
4. Return to Me (just love it).

4 TV shows I watch:
1. Criminal Minds.
2. Burn Notice.
3. Numbers.
4. Life (although I haven't watched this season since it's been on against Criminal Minds or Numbers.  I'll have to catch it when the others are in reruns).

4 places I've been:
1. Niagara Falls.
2. Loretta Lynn's childhood home (actually in a holler).
3. The top of the Sears Tower.
4. Joseph Smith's birthplace, Sharon, Vermont.

4 places I've lived:
1. Park Forest, Illinois.
2. College Station, Texas.  Whoop!  Gig 'em, Aggies!
3. Corpus Christi, Texas.
4. Flatwoods, Kentucky (hometown of Billy Ray Cyrus).

4 place I'd like to visit:
1. Ireland.
2. Australia.
3. British Columbia (where Robert served his mission).   
4. Paris.

4 favorite foods:
1. Chocolate candy (of course)!
2. Filet mignon (with a baked potato side).
3. Chocolate cupcakes with white buttercream frosting.
4. Peanut butter cookies with hershey kisses.

My favorite foods list probably explains why I look the way I do!

I invite anyone else to complete this tag (Kimberly, I'd better see this on your LJ)!

10 comments:

kimberly said...

I don't have a husband. What am I supposed to put there? 4 random things I love about my (mythical) husband Gareth David-Lloyd?

Man, I'm so looking forward to Daddy's toffee. So good!

British Columbia (where SGA is filmed - er, was)

Laura said...

Mythical husbands will work. Or you could just leave that one off all together. Or you could do "4 random things I love about my SGA team".

Jennifer said...

Laura, you can watch all of the new episodes of Life on the internet!!

kimberly said...

You can't watch all of them anymore! They only keep up 4 or 5 at a time, so the first few are gone now. Alas, hulu you have failed us!

Lori Hurst said...

You could do what I do and buy the season from Amazon - no commercials!

Shel said...

Tags are fun!! You get to learn new things about people... I love filet mignon, also, but I have to admit my side dish of choice would be a sweet potatao (fully loaded with butter cinnamon and marshmallows, mmmmmm yummy I can taste it now)!

Shel-

Liz said...

You've been to Billy Ray Cyrus' hometown??? I am jealous!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

Kimberly actually went to the same elementary school as he did - not at the same time, of course.

marianne said...

Amen about the toffee - it is good! I'm a blessed recipient of that (it is nice to have a great home teacher who makes fabulous toffee)!

jamie said...

thanks for doing this tag--i learned a bunch of new things. do you get to use your spanish much?