Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!

I am one of those who waits until Election Day to vote. There is something about voting on the actual day.  If I worked outside the home, I might change my mind and early vote, but since I don't, I wait. I enjoy wearing my "I Voted" sticker all day long!

I am, however, kind of depressed about the election.  First of all, I don't think we were presented with two outstanding candidates.  You would think in a country our size we could come up with some good, honest, moral people to run for office.  That being said, I definitely favor one candidate over the other. But I don't think my guy is going to win.  It may be a long, hard four years.

I am hopeful about one of the races I got to vote on.  We may get our seat back!

I think I'm going to go make cupcakes.  My family will probably need a little pick me up tonight. Anyone want to join us? 

4 comments:

kimberly said...

I waited an hour! Stupid early voting.

Shel said...

We were at Ben and Amy's since it was Ben's birthday and while it was a happy occasion since we were celebrating his birthday,,, it sure is depressing seeing what happened in the election!!! I for one am one sad sammy tonight. I'm sitting up watching the coverage and not feeling angry, just feeling very sad for our country. Poor little James is cheesed!!! Em and I had to tell him not to talk back to people tomorrow, just to hold his head up and ignore comments.. don't lower himself to others immaturity. He's extremely patriotic and wants to defend his feelings, but Em is worried he might mouth off to the wrong people, so lets hope we got through to him.... Sorry I rambled in your comments... I need some of your cupcakes... lol... :)

Shel-

Laura said...

Jeffrey said he has friends not going to school tomorrow. He said it was pretty bad today. I'm going to tell he and Scott that if it's really bad tomorrow, call me and I will come and sign them out.

kimberly said...

I need some cupcakes now. *grabby hands*