Monday, November 24, 2008

A Meme from Kimberly

Kimberly had a friend give her a letter and then she posted a list of ten things she loved starting with that letter.  I asked her to give me a letter so I could play too.  She gave me the letter "R".  So here goes!

1.  Robert.  I know, I know - too sappy sweet.  But what can I say?  I do love him!

2.  Reruns.  Especially of old sitcoms - like Andy Griffith, or the Cosby Show, or even Home Improvement.  I can watch some of those old shows over and over (and over and over).

3.  Refrigerators.  Cold water!  Cold milk!  Unspoiled food! Going without my refrigerator for 24 hours during Hurricane Ike made me really appreciate it.

4.  Retail therapy.  A stroll through Target. A browse through Barnes and Noble.  A meander through a quilt store. Gotta love retail therapy!

5.  Rocking chairs.  I love to go to Cracker Barrel and sit in a rocking chair on their front porch. There is something very soothing about rocking.  The one thing my house lacks is a front porch with room for a rocking chair.

6.  Reid and crew.  As in Dr. Spencer Reid and the crew from Criminal Minds.  Okay, that one is a stretch.  But I had to figure out a way to work in my very favorite show! Creepy, gory, sometimes downright hair raising!  I love that show!

7.  Rolls.  Yummy homemade rolls.  I will be making mine for Thanksgiving, and, if I do say so myself, they are quite tasty.

8.  Reading.  More of an action than a thing, but I'm including it anyway!  There is something so satisfying about picking up a new book, reading a few pages, and becoming totally engrossed in a story.  Reading can transport me to different places and times.

9.  Replay.  As in the replay button on my car CD player. When driving by myself I have been known to replay one song over and over again - just so I can sing it over and over again.  Yes, I am one of those people who sings in their car!  I can't help myself!

10.  Relatives.  Well, most of them anyway.  Of course, I may change this one after Thanksgiving - 13 of our relatives are descending on our house for the long weekend!  I am looking forward to it, but may be relatived out by the time it's over!  

There you go!  10 things I love beginning with the letter "R"! If anyone else would like to play, just say so in your comment, and I will give you a letter.  It's fun, I promise!    

2 comments:

Carol Beck said...

sounds like fun! ill try it.

Laura said...

Carol, your letter is "D". Have fun!!