Sunday, November 16, 2008

Iron Chef America!

Yes, I realize that Iron Chef America is not exactly the most appropriate Sunday viewing.  But I really wanted to see Iron Chef America - Battle Thanksgiving.  

Here was the line up for Battle Thanksgiving - Iron Chefs Bobby Flay and Michael Symon versus Iron Chefs Masaharu Morimoto and Cat Cora.  How great is that?  I adore both Bobby and Michael, so I'm sure you can guess who I was rooting for.  I like Morimoto, but his food always seems very strange.  And Cat Cora, well, she scares me a little!  

So, the stage was set, four great chefs cooking a Thanksgiving feast using ingredients that would have been available at the first Thanksgiving.  It seems like Morimoto would have been at a disadvantage - being Japanese and all. But he did a great job.

Not good enough, though!  Iron Chefs Flay and Symon won Battle Thanksgiving!  Hurray!  That made my evening very happy!  (Sometimes it takes very little to make me happy).

Oh, and if you don't watch Iron Chef America, you won't know what I'm talking about.  But that's your loss.    

2 comments:

kimberly said...

BOBBY! HURRAH!

If this comes on again this week or next, please please please DVR it for me! I need to see Bobby!

Lori Hurst said...

Seriously ... no clue what you are talking about! But I don't watch TV at all.