Saturday, September 12, 2009

Quicker Than Promised

Tonight at about 10:00 our power went out.  We heard a popping sort of noise right before, so we thought it was probably a transformer.  I went outside and met up with some of the neighbors who were also bemoaning the lack of power and the presence of lots of darkness.  I called the electric company, and was told that 118 homes in our area were affected.  Not 115 or 120, but 118.  Now that's exact! I was also told that it would probably be 1:00a.m. before the power came back on.  That didn't seem too long - if they could deliver.  I'm always skeptical.  But look, here it is, 11:48p.m., and I'm on the computer!  Our power actually came back on at about 11:15 - almost 2 hours earlier than promised!  That's pretty impressive.

Thank you, CenterPoint Energy!  My sleep tonight will be air conditioned and comfy!  

2 comments:

Pops Stargell said...

Amen to that! Jack Hodson (less active member who works at CenterPoint) was responsible for hooking us up with power so quickly after Hurricane Ike. I wonder if he had a hand in the impressive performance last night.

Court said...

Power...always a good thing. A/C is a MUST!